1.15.2011

welcome home!



there's nothing quite like the feeling of moving into a brand new home.  everything feels clean, there is the faint smell of fresh paint, and the walls are empty canvases just waiting for the nails and hooks that will hang your treasures.  it takes a few nights before the excitement wears off and is replaced by something even more exquisite: the feeling of being "home".

my former blog home was "The Sleepy Years". that title pretty accurately described the young mothering stage of my life.  while I am still the mother of three very young children....well, I'm just not SLEEPY any more!  there is way too much wonderful in this life to enjoy, so much to learn, so much to do, so much to see.  i still stand by the belief that "life begins at 30", but as I approach 33...well, it's getting even better.  

as was the case when i moved into my actual new home, it will take me awhile to get things "just so".  i was originally going to wait and invite you here AFTER everything was in order- just the way i see it in my mind.  but i just couldn't wait to begin blogging again and posting anything else under "The Sleepy Years" just seemed so...fraudulent and completely inaccurately describes my present state.  remember, this space is a work in progress and probably always will be.  it's ok with me if you see the imperfections, empty walls and design flaws.  

looking forward to the new start...i hope you will enjoy it too.

9 comments:

  1. ooooo! love the new blog and design! it looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Blog by a beautiful person. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are so cool...I wish I could figure out how to design my own blog. It's always good to re-evaluate and change you views from time to time. I agree that the 30's are wonderful. I always thought my 20's would be...but I'm 31 and the happiest I have ever been.

    Hugs,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, merideth! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thrilled to be on the journey with you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like the idea. Heres to a new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mer, I remember that photography class. Seems like just yesterday. SOOOO proud for you that you are taking this step. I have long thought that you should become a mompreneur, so I am happy to see you heading in that direction! Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete

shoot from yours here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...